If you have chronic bad breath, then chances are you could be experiencing halitosis. Halitosis is stubborn bad breath that won’t go away and, in most cases, have a particular cause triggering this condition. To help you work out what is causing your bad breath, our dental experts, Dr. Rebecca Pitner and Dr. William Findlay. with Pitner Family Dentistry in Bessemer, Alabama, are happy to share some information on halitosis.
Halitosis has many causes that include:
– Did you know that bad breath could be caused by issues with your kidneys and liver? It’s true!
– To help eliminate bad breath from your mouth, always visit your dentist for restorations and treatments.
– If bad breath continues to occur, it could be caused by an oral health condition that must first be eliminated. This includes gum disease, dental erosion and toothaches.
– Products you eat and drink could be linked to bad breath. This includes garlic and coffee.
– Smoking tobacco immediately causes bad breath.
– Do you often get dry mouth? If so, bad breath will usually follow.
– Bad breath is routinely linked to the buildup of plaque on your teeth.
If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to learn more about what could be causing your halitosis, then please call us today at 205-426-2644 to set up an appointment. Our dental team is happy to help you and work with you as we discover the reason behind your halitosis.